Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thanksgiving of 2014

Thankfulness...

I am thankful for:

1. My relationship with Jesus Christ... He is my Savior; He is my Lord...

2. My marriage to my life-long friend and companion Ruth

3. The blessing of my two sons Jeremiah and Jordan. They are men of faith and character; and they give us great joy!

4. My daughter-in-law, Becca Grassel. She is the daughter I/we never had, but we could not have asked for a better one than she is to us! She too, brings us great joy! 

5. My loving church family. Truth be told, they are all more my friends, than I am their pastor... I am privileged and blessed beyond measure to have been a part of their lives for these almost 9 years! While I could do better, I love serving in so many ways related to my presence here! What a joy! 

6. The many deep, honest, life-giving and authentic friendships that I have been blessed with - too many to recount, but you know who you are! Thank you for your unconditional love and investment in my life. Whatever character, faith and impact I have in life, it would be so severely impoverished without you!

7. The ability to be educated, to read, learn, think and write - to engage other minds enabling growth of intellect and wisdom.

8. My house and all of its practical and nostalgic effects... We have been sooo blessed materially, and we get to be a blessing through them as well! 

9. My health and all of the things that I can do because if it: Learning, serving, relationships, walking/hiking/hunting/biking etc. 

10. My pup, Sophie, she has brought so much joy and personality to our lives these past two years! What a great companion at home, when I walk and hike, when I drive to different places and at work as well! 

Finally, for my life in general, for the privilege of life, my life as a husband, father, friend, son, brother, pastor, professor and citizen in the USA; and for the "Call" that God has placed on my life to engage and represent Him through, and live faithfully with, over the course of my life.

No comments: