Tuesday, July 22, 2014

PC and Pan Unipolarism




Think what you will about whether a professional sports franchise should draft an openly gay athlete (see web address link below). The real troubling issue is how you can be excoriated by the PC Media Police, until you get in line, and think, value and believe everything that they do... In this case, here are the four stages, that make up the trajectory towards Pan Unipoalarism... To violate any one of them, is often conflated as a position about "hate." Ironically, the ethic often referred to (dubiously enough) as "Tolerance," doesn't go both ways... Coach Dungy apparently broke number two....
1. I think your life-style choices and values are wrong (e.g. Homosexuality) = judgmental and bigoted
I.e You are never permitted to think this way, it is evil...
2. I didn't publicly support your life-style and values (e.g. Gay Marriage) = passive aggressive bigotry
I.e. You must be sympathetic and affirming to what is important to me
3. I haven't privately and publicly demonstrated genuine enthusiasm for your life-style choices (e.g. Coming out of the closet) = bigotry vis a vis apathy
I.e. You are being irresponsible and counter-productive by not affirming my values, and by not supporting and advancing my cause
4. I have never done, nor am I ever willing experiment, or do, what you value and practice as a life-style choice (E.g. Same gender sexual interaction) = bigotry because you have no empathy
I.e. You cannot speak to, evaluate, judge or even really affirm enthusiastically and tragically not empathize, unless you have tried my Life-Style choice
(This stage is already in play over the abortion debate I.e. "Men should not be permitted to speak on this issue, since they are male, cannot be pregnant and could never have an abortion)
Will this all happen comprehensively tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Probably not... But it is all happening and progressing (growing) in various degrees, in certain sectors and among certain people...
Expectations, when it comes to freedom of action are one thing. But freedom of thought and the freedom to disagree on values and life-style, culturally is moving inexorably closer to being an endangered species...
Precedents matter... It's never "just this." Because the "just this" is always a migration from "just that," or, "what was..." Into a new direction of "what will be..."
This is the essence of history... And our evolving future...





http://www.mrc.org/articles/dungy-pathetic-homophobe-saying-he-wouldnt-have-drafted-gay-player?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_campaign=Dungy-Attacked

No comments: